Has breakfast become a challenge since your daughter has become a vegetarian? Are things a bit hectic in the morning with everyone trying to get out the door on time?
Breakfast is super important and we should not let our kids leave the house in the morning without eating something nutritious. A stop at Starbucks on the way to school is not the best option. We want out kids to be able to focus and learn throughout the day and a nutritious breakfast can help.
Here a few quick and easy breakfast ideas to add to your weekly meal plan and grocery list. This will help ensure you have the food on hand so your daughter can easily grab something to eat before she heads out in the morning:
- Whole grain toast with avocado and hemp seeds
- Whole grain toast with nut butter and jam
- Yogurt (dairy or non-dairy) with fruit and granola
- Smoothie with fruit and protein – either from seeds, nuts, seed/nut butter or tofu
- Chia pudding with fruit, nuts and seeds
- Oatmeal with fruit, nuts and seeds
- Buckwheat waffles with fresh blueberries
- Quinoa fruit parfait
- Tofu or egg scramble
- Tempeh bacon sandwich
- Breakfast burrito with beans and avocados
- Bowl of cereal is okay as long as it has no more than 5-10 grams of sugar per serving
- Broccoli and egg muffins – these are super easy to make and are great to have on hand. You can find the recipe here.
Now the challenge is getting her out of bed in the morning with enough time to eat before she heads out.
Do you have any quick breakfast ideas? Let us know over in our Facebook group. For more tips and tricks to feed your vegetarian child, sign up for my newsletter.
Trackback from your site.