This project is so easy, it’s nuts. Here you’ll find everything you need to know about making nut milk out of any kind of nut.
Of course you could make a single-color fruit popsicles recipe, but why stop there when you can create a whole natural rainbow? Using frozen fruit allows you to get the effect quickly by making small batches of slushes that can be layered instantly—plus the pops will freeze faster, too.
Rainbow Superfruit Popsicles Recipe
- 1 cup coconut water, divided
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- 1 teaspoon maqui berry powder (optional)
- 1 cup apple juice, divided
- ½ cup frozen strawberries
- 1½ cup frozen mango chunks, divided
- 1 tablespoon dried goji berries
- 1 large orange, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup frozen pineapple
- ¼ teaspoon camu berry powder
- Small handful baby spinach
- 5 drops liquid stevia per fruit base, to taste
- Chill your popsicle molds by placing them in the freezer for a minimum of 20 minutes before beginning this recipe.
- In a blender, puree ½ cup of the coconut water with the frozen blueberries and maqui berry powder. Note that each blended layer should be thick and very frosty—if not, add more frozen fruit. Taste for sweetness and add a little stevia to slightly oversweeten the fruit—about 5 drops should do the trick for each round. Blend the mixture once more. Divide it between 10 (or desired quantity) popsicle molds, filling each 1⁄5 high. Place the molds in the freezer while you prepare the next layer.
- (Rinse the blender in between creating each of the 5 layers.)
- Combine ½ cup of the apple juice and the frozen strawberries in the blender and puree. Blend in about 5 drops of stevia, or to taste. Fill each of the molds by another 1⁄5. Return molds to the freezer.
- Puree the remaining ½ cup coconut water, ¾ cup of the frozen mango, and the goji berries together. Sweeten with stevia. Fill the molds another 1⁄5 and return to the freezer.
- Next, puree the orange first to liquefy, then add the frozen pineapple and camu berry powder and blend. Sweeten with stevia. Fill the molds another 1⁄5 and return to the freezer.
- Puree the remaining ½ cup of apple juice, the remaining ¾ cup mango, and the baby spinach. Sweeten with stevia. Fill the last 1⁄5 of the molds and add popsicle sticks. Return the molds to the freezer to freeze completely, about 1 hour.
Reprinted with permission from “Superfood Snacks” 2015 by Julie Morris, Sterling Publishing Co., Inc. Photography by Oliver Barth
Related on Organic Authority