- 2 medium chicken thighs (bone-in, skin-on, about 4-ounces each)
- 1tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 medium head cabbage, cored and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2cloves garlic
- 1tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 2teaspoons maple syrup
- 2cups cooked quinoa
- 2tablespoons chopped parsley
- Heat oven to 400°.
- Season chicken liberally with salt and pepper. In a large, oven-safe skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add chicken, skin side down, and cook until skin crisps slightly and some fat is rendered, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, toss cabbage, garlic, mustard, and maple syrup until combined. Add to skillet, leaving chicken skin side down. Transfer to oven and roast 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken from skillet, toss quinoa with cabbage, and place chicken skin side up on top of cabbage. Roast 10 minutes more, until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve chicken atop cabbage-quinoa mixture.
Nutrition Per Serving
23 g fat (5 g saturated)
58 g carbs
13 g sugar
11 g fiber
30 g protein